Our Education, Training and Employment (ETE) service can help you to overcome barriers to employment and help you take the next step in your personal and professional development – whether you want to learn a new skill, gain a relevant qualification or go on to further education, we can assist you.
In addition to employment and educational opportunities, the ETE function will provide you with wider social integration, the ability to be transformational in yourself, and for you to foster aspirational qualities.
Once you feel ready, we can also support you on your journey back into meaningful employment.
The ETE service is for individuals who are receiving support for their drug or alcohol use
What we offer
The ETE service can provide you with the following support:
- a dedicated and experienced ETE advisor
- impartial advice and guidance
- a comprehensive ETE assessment
- help with setting goals and planning ahead
- regular reviews and on-going support
Education and training
If you want to gain new skills to improve your job prospects, learn a new trade, or even just learn for fun, we can help.
Our education and training support offers:
- access to Maths, English and Basic IT courses
- local accredited & non-accredited training
- access to vocational training programmes
- local apprenticeship schemes
- referrals to leisure courses and activities
- advice on funding for specialist courses
We offer advice, guidance as well as practical support on getting back to work including work trials and voluntary positions.
Our Employment support includes:
- identifying transferable skills
- Support around disclosure of criminal record and substance misuse
- job searching, CV writing and interview skills
- access to local ‘Work Clubs’ and ‘Workshops’
- voluntary placement opportunities
- in-work support to sustain your job
Our ETE service can also provide advice and sign-posting to other specialist services including:
- health and wellbeing activities
- mental health support
If you’re interested in this programme, please contact:
Telephone: 01582 965123